While many things have changed, one thing at Smiles of Wilmington has remained the same: our constant commitment to your safety. Amid concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to keep you safe. In addition to the high standards we already hold ourselves to, we have implemented new procedures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff
As always, every treatment suite and all equipment is fully disinfected between patients, following standards set by the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control to help prevent the spread of the virus and other infectious diseases. We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some changes along with our already strict infection control protocols. We’ve outlined a few of these changes to help you prepare for your next visit:
- Our staff has been provided increased PPE that you aren’t used to seeing them wear. These include N95 masks, face shields, and hair coverings. There are also clear plastic dividers at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens. The safety of our patients and staff is of the upmost importance to Dr. Rautio, please know that you will not be charged for the increased safety precautions.
- To help maintain social distancing and decrease patient-to-patient encounters, patients will be seen by appointment only. We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered slightly limited options for scheduling your appointment or your existing time will be changed slightly.
- We ask that only the appointed individual present for appointments. Individuals not scheduled will be asked to wait outside of the office in their personal car. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that it is limited to a single family member.
- When entering the office, every person is required to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands. Your temperature will be taken, and you will answer a few screening questions.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and other items which cannot be properly disinfected. You are encouraged to bring your own iPad, reading materials, etc.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. On behalf of everyone at Smiles of Wilmington, thank you for your trust in us. We look forward to seeing you soon.